A number of local infrastructure improvement projects have already begun, and many more are scheduled to break ground soon.
This page includes information about the projects that will impact our region in the coming months and years.
In addition, a number of helpful transportation links are included at the bottom of the page to provide additional information for local motorists.
- CONSTRUCTION TO BEGIN ON MIDDLE CREEK ROAD BRIDGE IN EPHRATA TOWNSHIP; LANCASTER COUNTY BRIDGE TO BE REPLACED AS PART OF PUBLIC-PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP April 18, 2017
- BRIDGE CLOSING POSTPONED FOR SHIRKTOWN ROAD BRIDGE OVER CONESTOGA RIVER April 11, 2017
- CONSTRUCTION TO BEGIN ON SHIRKTOWN ROAD BRIDGE IN CAERNARVON TOWNSHIP March 27, 2017
- PENNDOT TO REPAIR ROUTE 23, MARIETTA AVENUE WEST OF LANCASTER; DAYTIME BASE REPAIR, DRAINAGE WORK FOLLOWED BY NIGHTTIME MILLING AND PAVING March 17, 2017
- PENNDOT TO REPLACE SOUTH MUDDY CREEK ROAD BRIDGE; BRIDGE BETWEEN RED RUN AND SWARTZVILLE TO BE CLOSED FOR UP TO 120 DAYS March 3, 2017
- PLANS TO BE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW FOR REPLACING SMOKESTOWN ROAD AND REINHOLDS ROAD BRIDGES OVER SWAMP CREEK January 26, 2017
- PLANS AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW FOR POPLAR STREET BRIDGE REPLACEMENT PROJECT OVER COCALICO CREEK IN WEST COCALICO TOWNSHIP January 25, 2017
- AGRICULTURE, PENNDOT SECRETARIES ENCOURAGE FARM SHOW-BOUND DRIVERS TO USE 511PA WEBSITE FOR SAFE TRAVEL January 4, 2017
- MALLEABLE ROAD BRIDGE OVER ROUTE 30 REOPENED TO TRAFFIC December 9, 2016
- SPEEDWELL FORGE ROAD BRIDGE IN ELIZABETH TOWNSHIP OPEN TO TRAFFIC November 15, 2016
Additional Transportation Links
- Lancaster County Maintenance Work Schedule (updated weekly)
- PennDot Act 89 Progress